Bassil G. Madanat is Counsel at Ruttenberg IP Law, A Professional Corporation. A registered patent attorney, Mr. Madanat focuses on all aspects of strategic intellectual property counseling and patent litigation, and in a wide range of fields including application and network security, cardiovascular and diabetic medical device manufacturing, cancer therapy, visual media and entertainment, athletic apparel manufacturing systems, combustible engine repair systems, automotive accessories, veterinary products, image-guided surgery systems, electronic faxing and telephony, ophthalmic/dermatological femtosecond laser applications, object detection systems and automated voice command and response systems, among others. Mr. Madanat has also successfully litigated and counseled on a number of trademark, trade secret, unfair competition, rights of publicity, licensing and other complex commercial disputes. Prior to joining Ruttenberg IP Law, Mr. Madanat served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Dana M. Sabraw of the United States District Court, Southern District of California and a Law Clerk for The White House Office of Science & Technology Policy under President Barack Obama. Mr. Madanat is proficient in Arabic and conversational in Spanish.
If you would like to reach Bassil Madanat directly, please email him at email@example.com.
Pepperdine School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Fellow and Grant Recipient for the Geoffrey H. Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship & the Law
- Certificate in Intellectual Property, Technology & Entertainment Law
UC San Diego, BS, Physiology and Neuroscience, with a second area of focus in Spanish Language, 2008
- Law clerk for the Major Crimes Division of the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office
- Law clerk for The White House Office of Science & Technology Policy under President Barack Obama
- Legal intern for Fox Broadcasting Company
- Judicial extern for the Honorable Dana M. Sabraw of the United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Central District of California & all California State Courts
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit